Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Daddy Day Care

Today Mrs. Beth (Manze's babysitter) was sick, so Tommy stayed home with Manze. I called Tommy around 12:15 to check on him and asked him how his day had gone and what they had done. He had just put Manze down for a nap and told me that when Manze woke up he made her homemade pancakes (humph, I have to BEG him to make me homemade pancakes) then he took her to the park. They spent a couple of hours there playing. Manze even saw her friend Wes, who goes to Mrs. Beth, and they got to play together. After the park, Tommy took her to Burger King. I was thinking, "Um, quit having so much fun with her...she will not want to be around Mommy if you keep this up!" :o) I called back around 3:30 and Tommy said she was STILL ASLEEP and I said WAKE HER UP...I want her to sleep tonight. He decided since she got so tuckered out at the park, he would take her back this afternoon! I met them at the park after I got my hair cut and took some cute pictures! Manze definitely had a blast and we will be going back very soon!!
Swinging on the swing

Playing on the slide and look, she even liked the sand! Unbelievable since she HATED the sand at the beach and cried everytime she got near it! We are going to Pensacola next weekend for my Aunt's wedding and staying in a beach house...maybe she will like the sand this time (I'm not holding my breath).

Manze's new favorite word is "No!" And let me tell you, she knows how to say that word A LOT of different ways. She likes to cross her arms and say "NO!" Here she is above doing that to me. I couldn't get her to look at the camera so I could get a good picture of her doing that. Everytime I would yell her name for her to look at me she just turned, crossed her arms and said "No!"

3 comments:

Mitch and Cindy said...

I am glad Manze had a good time on her day off. Emma did too. I wish I would have known the kids were at the park, we would have come too. What did y'all do about today? Emma went to Mammaw and Pop's house. I guess we will go back tomorrow.

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

Tommy is so great! I think you need to plan on stopping in Mobile on your way to the beach so we can see you!! We could meet up for lunch or something fun so yall can take a break from driving:) miss you and hope all is going great!

Jodi, Steven, Kanon & Mari Blake said...

How Precious!!! Tommy is such a good daddy!