Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Advent Calendar

When I was growing up, my dad always brought an Advent Calendar back from overseas to me. I loved celebrating Advent and opening the doors each day to get a piece of chocolate. If you dont know, Advent is a season of the Christian church, the period of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus...or the period immediately before Christmas. I decided to start this Christmas tradition with Manze this year. Her cousin Loo Loo (a.k.a. Alexa) gave Manze an Advent Calendar and we started it on December 1st! It was hard to explain to Manze that she could only open ONE door and eat only ONE piece of candy. Once she got over that fact, she had a blast! Here she is with her calendar!


opening the door

Here's my candy!!

YUMMY!!

No comments: