Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day

Yesterday, we were under a winter storm watch! I thought for sure we wouldn't go to school. I waited and waited for my phone call, but it never came. I woke up to torrential rain and still wondered if I might get the phone call...nope. I drove (swam) to school. The roads were flooded. I knew it was going to be a crazy day! Around 8:30 it started snowing...huge cotton ball size snowflakes. My students were all going crazy! I let them bundle up and play outside for about 5 - 10 minutes (it was COLD). The whole time I was so sad I did not get to spend this moment with Manze. You see, last year it snowed too...the day after her birthday on her birthday party day! We were running aroudn trying to get ready for her party and get there, we didn't get to play in the snow. I thought de-ja-vu...I'm missing another snow day with her! We ended up dismissing school at 11:30 (total craziness calling all the parents and getting the kids home in the sleet) and when I got to my car I had to get all the snow off before I could get in. I picked Manze up and we headed home. By that time it was sleeting bad and we could not play in the snow. Later Mrs. Beth (Manze's babysitter) e-mailed me these pictures. She took them outside and all the kids LOVED the snow and couldn't get enough of it. I hate I didn't get to play with Manze in it, but I'm glad she was able to get out in it! These pictures do not do it justice. When I got to my house it looked like a winter wonderland...too bad I didn't get a picture...I need to get on the ball!

Manze and Wes in awe of the snow

Manze, Claire, and Wes watching the snowflakes fall

1 comment:

Mitch and Cindy said...

Emma sure does miss her friends!!!