Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Big girl mattress...bed...

Manze is growing up right beofre our eyes...it's sad and exciting at the same time! Last Friday, Tommy called me and said he was taking the crib down...it was time for Manze to have her big girl bed! I was working late and thinking...this is not the best time, but okay! I was too tired to stop by Walmart and get a rail for the bed, so we decided to let her sleep on her mattress and she how she liked it! Tommy said when he was taking her crib down, Manze was so excited and kept saying she couldn't wait for her beautiful bed! Well, she slept great in it that first night (never tried to get out and come to us) but nap time the next day was a little harder. I had to lay down with her and when she finally went to sleep I snuck out! That night she slept in it great again but Sunday nap time was a whole other story. Manze did NOT want to take a nap. Tommy and I were not too excited about having to lay down with her and after a while told her she needed to go to sleep like a big girl! She sleeps on a mat at Mrs. Beth's house, so this should be easy right?? NO! I swear she turned into Linda Blair from the Exorcist...she was screaming and crying uncontrollably and the worst was when she started throwing herself on the floor and against the wall to get us to come back int he room! OH MY GOSH! I almost fainted! What had come over her???? Tommy and I were beside ourselves. After going through this for over an hour, I finally laid down with her. She went to sleep only to awake to the ice maker. I just put her in our bed at that point...I was spent! That night we decided to move her nig bed in her room to see if that would make a difference! She's doing better, but must have one of us lay down with her to go to sleep (nap and nighttime). If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this, I'm open!!!!
her mattress bed
she was pretending to be asleep

her big girl bed (we still have to hang her stuff up correctly)

posing on her bed!

No comments: