Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Miss Nelson is Missing

Every year we read the book Miss Nelson is Missing! It is one of my favorite books! Basically the story is about a teacher who is fed up with her kids not following the rules so she dresses up as Miss Viola Swamp and comes to the classroom and whips the kids back in shape! Every year the 2nd grade teachers dress up as "The Swamp" and pretend we are missing. We let the kids come into the room in the morning and get started on their morning work, then we all go bursting in the room! The kids LOVE it and when I come back as myself they tell me all about what Miiss Witchington (that's my swamp name) did! It's hilarious! Here is the picture from this year!

3 comments:

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

That picture brings back to many wonderful memories!! I miss you guess so much!!
Where's Tammy??

The Buttrey Family said...

Love it!!! That is one of mine and Ava's favorite books, too!!

Meaghan said...

Do you like coffee??? Then enter my giveaway! To celebrate the launching of my very own online coffee shop I am giving away 1 pound of coffee every Friday during October. To enter visit:

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

To visit our website:
www.getthebean.com